CHICKEN SATAY RECIPE | SATAY CHICKEN
Chicken Satay Recipe | Satay Chicken | How To Make Chicken Satay | Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce | Satay Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Satay:
– Boneless Chicken – 450 gms (1 lb)
Marinade, coarsely blended or crushed :
– Shallots- 6 small (total around 35 gms)
– Garlic cloves- 4-5 (5 gms)
– Lemon grass, sliced- 2 stalks, white portion (2 tbsp, around 10 gms)
– Turmeric Powder- 1.50 tsp (1.25 tsp if using white sugar instead of brown sugar in the marinade)
– Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Salt- 1.5 tsp
– Brown Sugar- 1.5 tbsp
– Oil-3 tbsp
(use 2.5 tbsp of this marinade for 450 gms- 1 lb of chicken)
Peanut Dipping Sauce for Satay:
– Peanut butter (crunchy)- 3 tbsp
– Soy sauce ,low sodium-2.5 tsp
– Sriracha Sauce-3 tsp (Or any other readymade Chilli Garlic Sauce)
– Brown sugar-3 tsp
– Lemon Juice- 1.25 tbsp
– Grated ginger- 1 tsp
– Chopped garlic -1 clove very finely chopped
– Coconut milk-3 tsp
– Water -3 tbsp
Wooden Skewers- around 6
– Cut the chicken boneless fillets into 1” bite sized pieces. The pieces should be flat and not very thick.
– Peel the shallots & garlic and slice the white portion of two lemon grass stalks.
– Now to prepare the marinade, add all the items into a blender/mixer jar and blend it into a coarse mixture.
– Alternatively you can also use a mortar & pestle to crush these roughly.
– Take out 2.5 tbsp of this mixture and add it into the chicken pieces. Mix well and set aside for 2-3 hrs to marinate.
– To prepare the Peanut Sauce, easiest way is to use readymade Peanut Butter (crunchy variety).
– To make this sauce, grate a piece of peeled ginger and finely chop one garlic clove. You can use readymade Sriracha Sauce or any other readymade or home-made Chilli Garlic Sauce.
– Add all the items in a bowl and whisk it till smooth.
– Skewer the marinated chicken pieces on a Kebab stick or small wooden skewer 4 at a time.
– Once done, preheat a Grill pan and brush it with oil.
– Now place the skewers side by side 3-4 at a time.
– Grill on one side on medium high heat for 3 mins and then flip. Repeat on the other side for another 3 mins.
– Now turn the skewers again and baste the pieces with oil. Reduce heat to low and grill it for 3 more mins.
– Flip again and baste with oil on the other side.
– Continue to grill on low heat for another 3 mins till the meat is tender.
– Serve hot with Peanut Sauce and some sliced cucumber.
#chickensatayrecipe #sataychicken #chickensatay #sataypeanutsauce #sataychickenrecipe #chickenrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken